Street Swagger Haman Bling and Nails Construction post!
The Chain itself is made from Super sculpty. After I baked it I sprayed it with several layers of gold spray paint and a few layers of clear to seal it. I drilled the hole at the top for the jump ring too before I started to stone it.
I got about 6 different kinds of rhinestones at Hobby Lobby in white and red, in varying sizes. I applied them individually, it took a while to find the rhythm with the easiest way to get them on there but here’s the order of operations I used.
1. Spread tacky glue with a brush on a small section at a time.
2. Take and orange stick and dip the tip in a tiny amount of glue, blow on it to make it tacky.
3. Use the now sticky orange stick to pick up a rhinestone on the top and them carefully press it into the glue on the pendent. You have some time to slide it around and work it into just the right place, so it’s actually very forgiving.
(HINT: When your orange stick gets all gummed up on the tip, use a pencil sharpener to get a fresh tip!)
4. Once all my rhinestones where set, I painted the white stones with a black-light sensitive fingernail polish top coat and the red with a normal clear nail polish, before I sprayed about 5 layers of clear on the top. This top coat will ensure you never loose a rhinestone!
5. Put that bad boy on a chain, and get to banging on the radio!
The nails where a set of fakes that I painted a deep crimson. On the thumbs I did a rhinestone design and put many layers of clear on them (even so I still lost a rhinestone. Get crazy with the clear if you want to make sure they won’t come off). I used an actual Gundam Marker to put the lettering on the nail, i felt like it there was more an appropriate tool for this job! I sealed the nails with black light sensitive top coat too.
The Zeon earring is just a shrinky-dink I put on an earring hook! Easy Peasy!